Thursday, April 10, 2008

Take my hand, Precious Lord, and lead me home

Often it's through the little details that God speaks strongly to my heart, letting me know He is lingering near. This afternoon I had to move my car so the funeral home had access to the driveway. They were coming to collect my dad's body. He had gone on home about two hours prior. When I turned on the engine, the verse that played from my cd player was "take my hand, Precious Lord, and lead me home." My gracious heavenly Father knows how to send a hug and make me smile - he is so tender and gentle.
Dad had a beautiful, peaceful home-going. His friend of 30 years and mentor in the Lord had just prayed, his wife and kids were with him, Jesus called for him and he quietly went.
That's all I can say for now. Words elude me as I ponder what has taken place today.
...Oh wonderful, merciful Savior, I praise You with all my heart and soul.


Leave to thy God to order and provide.
In every change, he faithful will remain.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I'm a wife, mom, and grandma living in rural Vermont. “…giving thanks in all circumstances…” 1 Thess 5:16-18