Sunday, November 8, 2009

Technology

I'm thankful for it today.

Though Kristiina is a thousand miles away... I'll participate in her baby shower today via Skype.com... online video. Hooray!

I would prefer to be there in person, but I've chosen to save up my dollars for the arrival of our little man in January! This will be the next best thing to being there...

Do you Skype? You should... when you can't be there in person, it's a pretty nifty substitute. Plus, it's free!



Here's a pretty autumn picture for ya...

IMG_2947


I'll let you know how the shower goes... maybe I'll even post pictures!



Caveat: It's a nifty substitute when the computer/internet works properly. I was only "present" for some of the shower and stomping, huffing, and shaking my fists at the computer the rest of the time. Waaa!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
The Farmer's Wife said...

Gosh, I wish you could've been there, but I think you made the right choice. One of the things we've done with friends and family who are far away, is send a Babyshower in a Box. Besides the gifts, there were some treats to eat and cards, and even a baby search word puzzle. It wasn't the same, but we felt like we were participating!

I've never used Skype! Good to know about, though. I'm sure I'd be in the same boat as you, with the technological difficulties!

Is it that close already? OOOOO! How exciting!!!

About Me

My photo
I'm a wife, mom, and grandma living in rural Vermont. “…giving thanks in all circumstances…” 1 Thess 5:16-18