Monday, January 4, 2010

Oh, for heaven's sake!

I thought I'd have a picture of a gorgeous baby boy by now...

Problem with that is the baby boy has not made his grand entrance yet. There are no complications; both mommy and baby are strong and healthy. It's just a long, slow labor. It stalled for a while last night and she was able to get 6 hours of (sporadic) sleep!


Shortly after midnight tonight, my precious daughter will have been in labor for 48 hours. Mercy! I've never heard of such a thing.

I was hoping she'd take after her mama. I had her in 3.5 hours.


Nic tells us she's doing fabulously, though. Remaining calm and managing the pain very well. They started pitocin at noon today and that has helped to kick start the contractions. He said that they are closer and stronger and she's making progress. "... she has to stay in her 'happy place' longer now, though."


More tomorrow... and THEN I will have happy news and an incredible picture to share!

1 comment:

The Farmer's Wife said...

My mom says (and my grandparents confirmed this) that she was in labor with me for 45 hours, before I was born.

Drats.

I was hoping for a picture when I got in from the corral!

Now, it's a baby over my first cup of coffee....no better way to start the day. I hope you get some rest, tonight, too!

Many hugs to the new grandma, and prayers for your whole family.

About Me

My photo
I'm a wife, mom, and grandma living in rural Vermont. “…giving thanks in all circumstances…” 1 Thess 5:16-18