Saturday, March 29, 2008

Peaks and Valleys

That's what the hospice nurse said we can expect from now on. Good days and bad days. Today was a valley trek. Dad just feels weak, tired... possibly dehydrated. He has no appetite whatsoever and can barely even drink anything. He spent a lot of time in bed today; he says it's just comfortable there to be able to lie down and close his eyes, even if he's not sleeping.

He looks even a little thinner to me today... but what stuns me is his color. He's so yellow. Actually, you can call it that goldenrod color. Hmpf.... {sigh}.

Tomorrow is Sunday. Kristiina, Nic, Joe and I will see them for lunch, like every Sunday. Aunt Mar and Uncle Bob are coming, too. I hope it's a peak day so he can enjoy everyone and vice versa.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I'm a wife, mom, and grandma living in rural Vermont. “…giving thanks in all circumstances…” 1 Thess 5:16-18