Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mother's Day



It was just Mom and I together for Mother's Day this year. John and Helena were on the other coast visiting her mom, and Joe was flying back from Vermont. I missed having my darling girl around, but I got to talk to her a couple of times!

We had a good day, though. We made Roasted Chicken and Vegetables for ourselves and while it was in the oven, we watched the video of dad's memorial service (mom had just received it this morning at church from those kind enough to put it together for us). More than make us sad all over again, it actually warmed our hearts. I glanced at mom from time to time, and she had a smile on her face with a slight expression of longing. I felt the way she looked. Our eyes misted a bit here and there, but mostly we enjoyed watching it and numerous times throughout, commented that dad would have been pleased.

After we ate, we went to Dillard's for some Clinique face powder. That's about it! Pretty quiet, but we enjoyed the day.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I'm a wife, mom, and grandma living in rural Vermont. “…giving thanks in all circumstances…” 1 Thess 5:16-18