Tuesday, July 1, 2008

The Flowers in the Field Burst Forth with Blooming

I saw this on Kristiina's Flickr yesterday and added it as one of my favorites. I love it.


Today, I've been listening to a little praise music to lift my spirits (works everytime...perspective). When Something About My Praise by Vicki Yoh'e came on, I immediately thought of this photograph.

You can read the lyrics below, or click on the link to hear it.

Something About My Praise

The flowers in the field burst forth with blooming
And the wind seems to whisper - He's alive
Even the trees lift their branches
High to the heavens above
In perfect harmony with the creator of the world

But there's just something about my praise he loves
There's just something about the way I speak his name, Jesus
Although hosannas and hallelujahs
Are sung to Him by the angels above
Something about my praise
There's just something about my praise

The Lord has been so real to me
He's given me a special kind of love
And I have more to thank my Father for
Than all the angels in heaven above
For I've been for a cleansing in that crimson stream of love
And that makes my praise just a little something special
To the Father above and just because I'm his child

There's just something about my praise He loves ...


Praise be to his glorious name forever;
may the whole earth be filled with his glory. Ps. 72:19

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I'm a wife, mom, and grandma living in rural Vermont. “…giving thanks in all circumstances…” 1 Thess 5:16-18