Thursday, December 25, 2008

Merry White Christmas!


Here's what it looked like when we woke up this morning! There were gentle, wispy flurries falling all day.


Indoors... this is the fattest Christmas Tree I've ever seen! Nic and Kristiina picked it out and cut it down themselves.


I spotted this happy ornament. It was a milestone Christmas... so is this one.


There's my sweet darlin' and her adorable Kaelyn.


Mom is loving on her, too! We were cozy in our PJ's and robe while we had coffee and leisurely opened presents. In keeping with tradition, we got out the garbage can and basketball hoop for the wrapping paper... dad would have been proud of Nic; he had an awesome percentage this year!


Okay... time to get dressed and head back outside for a bit. Here's my slippered foot in the snow, peppered with debris from the pine tree in the front yard.


A glimpse from the front porch. Notice how the snow is up to the fence. They said it was even higher yesterday before it rained. (In the pic above I was standing in the "shoveled" sidewalk.)


Back indoors (it was getting a little nippy!) to play Nic's new Wii game... Snowboarding!! That was fun.


And then... back outside. This is the view of the farm from the backyard.


More of the backyard view in the late afternoon light.


Sleepy girl had to have an afternoon nap. She was tired... and Kaelyn made a compfy blanket. I did take pics of Sophie, too, really!

It was a great day. Despite missing dad and not having Joe up here, it was one of the best Christmas' ever. I'll elaborate more on that later (the best-ness of it).

Tomorrow we may head up to the job site to get more beautiful winter pics... which I'll take with my new SLR camera. Man, do I have a lot to learn!!

Nighty-night.

3 comments:

Dot O said...

Glad to hear you are having a wonderful time despite hubby not being with you.

Enjoy the rest of your holiday time with your family!

angie {the arthur clan} said...

Now that is what a Christmas should look like ~ we didn't get even one flake of the white stuff here in Ohio. :(

So glad to see you back online, even if just for a short while. We've missed you!

Merry Christmas!

Anonymous said...

Wow Pam,
These photos are amazing! It looks like you stepped into a movie with all those awesome settings. I felt like I was there taking it all in with you.
Glad you got my text and thanks for the phone reply. I was thinking of you and Chickie. So glad you're having such a wonderful time together. Wish Joe coulda been with you too. I sent him an ecard but realized he probably won't get it. Let him know we were thinking of him like now. (the Steelers are playing) When are you coming back to hot 80 degree weather? UGH!!!!
XOXO, Birdie

About Me

My photo
I'm a wife, mom, and grandma living in rural Vermont. “…giving thanks in all circumstances…” 1 Thess 5:16-18