Friday, August 22, 2008

Can You Imagine...

...living in a place where it's not uncommon for a Black Bear to come visit your backyard?!

My cousin (Hi Alana!) took these recently when she and her family visited PA. This is at their friends' cabin (I think... is that right, Alana?). It's not their primary residence... but still! How cool is this?!



If the bear decided to turn his attention to Trey and the others out there, they could easily have dashed in the cabin... they weren't in danger sitting out there, quietly observing.



There were some ears of corn up there that the bear was very interested in.

I just think it's awesome to be able to observe wildlife like that. Of course, I guess it's all a matter of what you're used to. I no longer marvel at the huge manatee that swim in our canal daily, nor am I awed by the 4 ft. iguana that visits our seawall every morning looking for breakfast. But, maybe someone from the mountains of Pennsylvania would find that pretty incredible.

Oh, but speaking of wildlife visiting your backyard... have you seen the Youtube video of the young twin moose playing in a sprinkler while their Mama observes (and takes a drink or two for herself)? How I would love to see such things from my back porch!
Watch this...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I forgot to tell you that Nic and Louie saw a black bear at the project property last week. They were headed up the drive first thing in the morning and he was just hanging out there. He scampered off as they drove up. Pretty cool for Trey and Alana too!

About Me

My photo
I'm a wife, mom, and grandma living in rural Vermont. “…giving thanks in all circumstances…” 1 Thess 5:16-18