Tuesday, September 23, 2008

The Beach

So... yesterday I mentioned that Joe and I were going out to eat for my birthday. We decided to take a drive down to Fort Myers Beach.

We ate at The Beach Pierside Grille... it's right beside the pier, and right on the water. Delicious, too (I had grilled salmon, baked potato, baby carrots...yum).


After we ate we took a walk on the pier to watch the sunset and enjoy the seabreeze, even though the sky was a little ominous.


The sunset wasn't spectacular, but the breeze was great.


There's the restaurant... and Joe... and a stormy sky. Oh, yes, and those are my leftovers Joe is holding, which I'm eagerly anticipating having for lunch today!
See those people walking up the pier on the left? They were from England... vacationing (or should I say on holiday). We talked to them for about half an hour!


The pier's bait shop and gift store were still open, but we didn't venture down that far this time.


Deciding to head back home before the rain starts, here's a look at more restaurants and shops.


And a glance straight down Estero Boulevard.

It was a perfect evening, following an awesome day!

Here's the only negative thing that happened yesterday...

I didn't mail in my tag registration in time to receive it before it expired on my birthday. I also just realized on Friday, that my driver's license expires this year. I decided to take care of those two things on my way into work yesterday morning.

That's not the negative part...

After I provided the DMV clerk all my info, I "swore that the information I have provided is true and correct." I also swore that "I am not 100% mentally or physically disabled." Huh? That didn't make any sense; but is precisely what she asked me. (Yeah... I'm only 75% mentally disabled...!)

Then, the eye test. I put my face up to the view finder and saw about eight rows of letters and three columns. The first column was blank, the second and third columns had 5 letters each. She asked me to read row 5 and I did it without a hitch. Quite satisfied with myself, I looked at her anticipating what's next. She gave me a quizzical look and said, "What about the first column?" What? I looked again... I closed my right eye... I closed my left eye... I blinked... I squinted... There's nothing in the first column... Nothing.

That's the negative part.

I told her there's nothing there and she asked if I "have trouble" with my left eye. Ugh. Yes. I have ridiculously poor eyesight in my left eye. Something like 20/400 or 450. I would have expected some fuzziness in the first column, maybe. But the fact that the letters just plain weren't there was weird.

So, I have two restrictions on my license... 1) corrective lenses. (Yes, of course.) And 2) side mirrors are mandatory. Huh?? Okay, I can abide by that (don't all vehicles come with side mirrors?).

- - - - - - - -

What were your thoughts about Dancing with the Stars? Mine:

~ Cloris Leachman is a nut! And gutsy for 82.

~ Brook Burke has had 4 kids?! She must live in the gym.

~ Susan Lucci is too skinny... and seemed a tad loopy.

~ Warren Sapp was surprisingly good. What is it about big football players and they're ability to dance?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to visit that place on the beach! What beautiful pictures you took. Man we had an awesome sunset here last night. Driving home from work I stopped and attempted to take a picture. Just didn't work from the car with all the telephone poles and lines in the way.
I'm so glad you had a peaceful, wonderful birthday Poo!

Pam O'Brien said...

Thanks, LB!! Yeah... we'll definitely visit the beach next time you come down. :-)
Uck - I hate it when a pretty shot gets mussed by wires!

Donna Boucher said...

Your pictures are just beautiful!!!

About Me

My photo
I'm a wife, mom, and grandma living in rural Vermont. “…giving thanks in all circumstances…” 1 Thess 5:16-18