Tuesday, August 4, 2009

It's Blueberry Time!


In the last couple of weeks, I have picked buckets full of blueberries.

Look at how plump and beautiful those ripe ones are!




Joe's parents were here last weekend, and my mother-in-law helped me pick our three bushes absolutely clean of the ripe ones... now it's time to get back out there and do it again!




This is from the day I canned 10 jars of blueberry jam and one of syrup. I was carrying my giant bowlful of stemmed and washed blue beauties outside when Joe simply gave me a quizzical look.

"I'm taking them outside to take a picture," I told him.

"Of course you are," he said.


I have canned... frozen... given away... and eaten, eaten, EATEN blueberries for weeks. I've had them by the handful, over my ice cream, in my vanilla yogurt, on my toast (jam version, of course). Yesterday, I even saw a recipe for a blueberry and chicken pasta salad that I'm tempted to try!

Unfortunately, Joe could take them or leave them. So far, he's left them... so it's all up to me!!

Thankfully, I love blueberries!

1 comment:

The Farmer's Wife said...

Blueberries are brain-food, you know. Do you feel significantly smarter?

I adore blueberries, and the only way we get them here in the Montana sticks, is frozen. My daughter loves them so much that she named her cat, Blueberry Pie. Seemed a bit odd, at the time, but it grew on us!

And they are just lovely, in your pictures. Mmm,mmmm,mmmmmm!

About Me

My photo
I'm a wife, mom, and grandma living in rural Vermont. “…giving thanks in all circumstances…” 1 Thess 5:16-18