Thursday, August 13, 2009

It's Pink or Blue Day

What's that, you ask?

It's the day of the gender ultrasound... we find out if it's a girl or a boy! The appointment is at 4:00, and everyone is jittery-excited! Kristiina is such a planner - she's completely nervous that our little precious won't offer a glimpse of the goods and she won't be able to find out. (She reads The Bump faithfully and has read so many stories of babies being uncooperative at that very important appointment!)





I received this in the mail today. Diane, the other grandma, got one, too! We've been given very strict instructions not to open it until they have the news... We're being eaten alive with anticipation!

Kristiina has a post on her Facebook Wall where people are casting their votes for a boy or a girl. It's pretty much a toss-up right now, but it's fun to see people's responses.

I don't have a clue at this point. When I first learned she was pregnant, I thought for sure it's a girl, but that suspicion is not as strong now. I'll be delighted either way... but for the sake of adding to the poll, I'll stick with GIRL! Afterall, Kristiina, me and my mom are all firstborn girls... may as well keep it going.

Do you have a hunch? Wanna cast a vote?


Here's a wildflower for GIRL...



or a life-size Tonka Toy for BOY!

(and clicking on the pictures won't do anything but show you a larger version of them... I just added them for fun.) :-)


I was talking to Kristiina yesterday about today's appointment and she was telling me the real reason for it. It's not just "let's find out if it's a boy or girl, for fun" ultrasound. It's standard procedure at this stage of the pregnancy to check the development of the organs and all things contingent on delivering a healthy baby. The gender discovery is just a bonus.

So, of course, whether we have a grandson or granddaughter, we're praying for good health and leave it in God's hands. Psalm 139 is one of my favorite chapters of scripture because of the portrayal of God's intimacy with us, and workmanship of us.

Check out this beautiful dipiction of it (just verses 1-12) on E-water.net (thanks for sending that link, Mary Anne)...

Delightful Flash Animation about Psalm 139 - E-Water

Shared via AddThis



Check back tomorrow for the big announcement!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That link that absolutely beautiful....love Psalm 139! You are so right, Pammy.... a healthy baby is everyone's priority whether boy or girl!! Actually, girl is flirting with my mind too!! ;-D

The Farmer's Wife said...

I vote girl...wildflower! And I CAN'T BELIEVE I have to wait until tomorrow, to know!!! I raced home from Miles City, brought the kids and groceries in, (and the kitty who recieved a neuter/hernia operation), opened Rest Awhile for the big reveal, and.....

I'm voting wildflower.

My friend, Celestia, gave me a a portion of a song, when I had my daughter, that is dear to me. It goes:
"I'm a little prairie flower, growing wilder by the hour! No one cares to cultivate me; I'm wild as wild can be..."

When I saw your flower, I thought of that song, and how much joy my little prairie flower has been!

I'll check FIRST THING, in the morning! So excited for your family!

One more thing, if you can stand it...my son was quite uncooperative, for his ultrasound, to the point that the tech actually told me to walk around and "bounce a little" to see if I could get him to shift! We didn't know until he was born, for sure, that he was a boy...

M.

About Me

My photo
I'm a wife, mom, and grandma living in rural Vermont. “…giving thanks in all circumstances…” 1 Thess 5:16-18