Monday, June 9, 2008

Vermont Day 10 - and Heading Home

Well, it's time to go. We're currently on our way to Burlington to catch our flight home, and I've been thinking about what I'll miss about Vermont.

Besides the obvious...

I'll miss these two like crazy! That's a given.

But a few more things I'll miss are ---

--- the pleasant weather. Even when it reaches 97 degrees... it's pleasant!

--- the mountains. I love mountains.

--- the lush green color of the foliage.

--- the abundance of wildflowers in every field and on every roadside.

--- the charming covered bridges.

--- feeling adventurous and motivated enough to walk 8 miles to another state to see one! (I credit the climate and scenery for that.)

--- driving with the windows down... comfortably (and not minding the wild, windblown hair).

--- Kaelyn and Sophie, Nic and Kristiina's canine kids.

--- being able to drink water directly from the tap and have it taste delicious and cold.

--- my hair... it's soft and tame here (in Florida it's freakishly frizzy making me extremely thankful for the invention of the flat iron).

Thanks Nic and Kristiina for being such gracious hosts! Can't wait to come back!! XOXO

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wow Pam,
I totally loved the photos, your log of what you did each day and your thoughts! What a great time you all had. Sounds like it wouldn't take much to get you to move there! Can't say that I would blame you either. What an enchanting town.
Glad you are home safe and sound though.
XO,birdie

About Me

My photo
I'm a wife, mom, and grandma living in rural Vermont. “…giving thanks in all circumstances…” 1 Thess 5:16-18