Saturday, June 14, 2008

A Woman After My Own Heart

Beth Moore... she's an author, speaker, bible teacher. I've been doing her bible studies since 1994. She and her husband are grieving today, having lost both their dogs to unrelated illnesses in the span of three short weeks. Remembering how we felt when we lost Jake, my heart hurts for them.

Something I read on her blog today made me smile:

"...It won't be long till we fill our house with puppies again. We'll take a little while to recover then dive back in. And they'll drive us crazy for two solid years and chew up half the furniture. And we won't care because Keith and I are dog people, plain and simple. Keep the fancy house. We'll take rompin' stompin' dogs. Tranquility never has been what we've looked for in a home. We like L-I-F-E even if it covers the couch with fur...."

She gets me. :-)



(Cozying up with Dex and Zeila while watching a movie one chilly January evening.)

1 comment:

yours truly said...

I love beth moore!!!

About Me

My photo
I'm a wife, mom, and grandma living in rural Vermont. “…giving thanks in all circumstances…” 1 Thess 5:16-18