Thursday, November 6, 2008

I Am Audrey...


So... I took this silly little quiz; only 2 questions. Somehow, they derived that "I am an Audrey."

Here's what HelloQuizzy has to say about that:

You are an Audrey -- "I am at peace"

Audreys are receptive, good-natured, and supportive. They seek union with others and the world around them.

How to Get Along with Me
* If you want me to do something, how you ask is important. I especially don't like expectations or pressure
* I like to listen and to be of service, but don't take advantage of this
* Listen until I finish speaking, even though I meander a bit
* Give me time to finish things and make decisions. It's OK to nudge me gently and nonjudgmentally
* Ask me questions to help me get clear
* Tell me when you like how I look. I'm not averse to flattery
* Hug me, show physical affection. It opens me up to my feelings
* I like a good discussion but not a confrontation
* Let me know you like what I've done or said
* Laugh with me and share in my enjoyment of life

What I Like About Being an Audrey
* being nonjudgmental and accepting
* caring for and being concerned about others
* being able to relax and have a good time
* knowing that most people enjoy my company; I'm easy to be around
* my ability to see many different sides of an issue and to be a good mediator and facilitator
* my heightened awareness of sensations, aesthetics, and the here and now
* being able to go with the flow and feel one with the universe

What's Hard About Being an Audrey
* being judged and misunderstood for being placid and/or indecisive
* being critical of myself for lacking initiative and discipline
* being too sensitive to criticism; taking every raised eyebrow and twitch of the mouth personally
* being confused about what I really want
* caring too much about what others will think of me
* not being listened to or taken seriously

Audreys as Children Often
* feel ignored and that their wants, opinions, and feelings are unimportant (definitely not true, Mom... don't worry about that one.)
* tune out a lot, especially when others argue
* are "good" children: deny anger or keep it to themselves

Audreys as Parents
* are supportive, kind, and warm
* are sometimes overly permissive or nondirective


Hmmm... only 2 questions; but the results reveal surprisingly large bits of accuracy!

3 comments:

Dot O said...

I'm Marylin - not sure if I should thrilled about that or not ;o/

Anonymous said...

oh my...I agree with a lot of it but one whole section. The aubreys "don't likes"...not MY mama! Oh and you always gave direction (even suggested guidance), you may have been slightly permissive but dad was by far THE permissive one. :-) cute quiz... Love you!

angie {the arthur clan} said...

I think these quizzes are so funny! And it is strange how they can be so accurate sometimes as well. ??

About Me

My photo
I'm a wife, mom, and grandma living in rural Vermont. “…giving thanks in all circumstances…” 1 Thess 5:16-18