Saturday, November 1, 2008

Only God Knows

Remember the quote from grandma posted a few weeks ago? "I don't know if we'll meet again, only God knows."

Well, we'll meet again this weekend. Oh, I'm delighted!! It has worked out that I've been able to join mom for a weekend trip up to Crystal River for a baby shower. My Aunt Mega's grandson, Ryon, is going to be a daddy come December. That means my Aunt Mega is going to be a great-grandma! (You're thrilled I pointed that out, right Aunt Mega?)

Actually, I think it's awesome. Who cares about titles, you're only as old as you feel. And as far as looks go... well, this doesn't look like the stereo-typical "great-grandma" by any stretch of the imagination!






This also means that my grandma is going to be a great-great-grandma! Yowsa! But again, titles... who cares about them?


Truthfully, I'm looking forward to the day I can claim the title of grandma. It will be an honor.



(grandma and me, taken this summer)

Anyway, I'm here and I'm glad that I'll be able to hug my grandma, again!

Unfortunately, it also means I'll have to say goodbye to her, again; grandpa, too. Oh well, the good with the bad... totally worth it.




Grandmas hold our hands for just a little while... but our hearts forever.

~Unknown

2 comments:

Dot O said...

Beautiful photo of you and your grandma and of your aunt. Enjoy this time with family and have a safe trip home - with photos to share!

Your grandma looks like such a sweet woman!

angie {the arthur clan} said...

There is no way your aunt is going to be a great-grandma...absolutely no way! She looks amazing!

And your sweet grandma ~ what a beautiful lady she is. I love the beautiful picture of the two of you together.

Enjoy your time with family. There is nothing better than that!

Angie

About Me

My photo
I'm a wife, mom, and grandma living in rural Vermont. “…giving thanks in all circumstances…” 1 Thess 5:16-18