Friday, October 10, 2008

The Express


...comes to theaters today. The Ernie Davis story.


Dad, fiercly loyal to the Syracuse Orangeman and a fan of Ernie Davis, would have loved to see this "story of an American hero that will make you stand up and cheer."


Today, however marks the sixth month since dad went to heaven. Doesn't seem possible.

We'll go see the movie together... mom, Joe and me... John and Helena. I'm sure we'll appreciate the story of Ernie Davis, but I know we'll mostly think of dad and wish he were with us.

2 comments:

angie {the arthur clan} said...

Since I am newer to your blog, I didn't realize that your dad was no longer here on this earth. I'm sad to hear that, but am glad that you know you will see him again some day! I hope you all enjoy the movie and have happy thoughts of your dad at the same time.

Angie in OH

Anonymous said...

I thought of grandpa when I saw this preview. :-( Makes me miss him. How was the movie?

About Me

My photo
I'm a wife, mom, and grandma living in rural Vermont. “…giving thanks in all circumstances…” 1 Thess 5:16-18