Monday, October 27, 2008

The Infamous Quiche

I've had some requests for the quiche recipe. Well, two requests... well, actually, one certain request, and one, "I might want that."

So, here it is, for anyone who might want it...


Crustless Spinach and Mushroom Quiche

6 eggs
3/4 cup milk (however much fat you want, I used 1% - I've seen recipes that call for heavy cream!)
5 or 6 green onions, slice them tip to tip, using both white and green parts (I like specifics when reading a recipe)
8-12 oz. swiss cheese, shredded
1 pkg of sliced, fresh mushrooms, sauteed
2/3 of a bag (about 2 big handfuls) fresh spinach leaves, ripped and sauteed (just wilted)
salt and pepper to taste

1. Heat oven to 350. Grease (I used Pam cooking spray) a 10-inch tart pan or 9-inch, deep, pie pan, or be like me, I used a 9 by 9 inch glass baking dish.
2. In a large skillet, sautee the mushrooms in butter. Then, add the ripped (so it mixes well in the eggs) spinach until it's wilted. Set aside to cool.
3. In a large bowl, mix the eggs, milk, cheese and onion. Add the cooled mushrooms and spinach, and salt and pepper to taste.
4. Pour mixture into prepared pan. Bake 1 hour and 15 minutes (tenting with foil, if necessary, to prevent over-browning - I didn't need to) or until a knife inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 5 minutes before cutting.

Voila... delicious!


You can substitute broccoli or other vegetables for the spinach/mushrooms. Add diced ham or crumbled bacon, if you want... pretty much anything goes!

2 comments:

Dot O said...

MMmmmm, I will definitely be trying this. Thanks for posting it. Quiche, I think, is one of those comfort foods. Thanks Pam.

Oh, my daughter was 17 in July and my son will be 15 on December 28.

Thanks for stopping by my blog! Oh, BTW, I had nominated you for the a blog award (got interrupted yesterday by family when posting). Can't figure out how to get links to others blogs on my blog but hope to figure it out soon.

angie {the arthur clan} said...

I have never made quiche before but I sure love to eat it...your recipe sounds easy enough that I might even be able to handle it! Yummy...

(Enjoy your first evening with hubby back home!) :)

Angie in OH

About Me

My photo
I'm a wife, mom, and grandma living in rural Vermont. “…giving thanks in all circumstances…” 1 Thess 5:16-18