Thursday, October 23, 2008

Pinehurst Finale

So, here's your Final Pinehurst Update:

Joe called... pleased. He said they did very well yesterday. Shot 5 under, collectively, which put them at about 11th or 12th place. Out of 41 teams compiled by 164 men across the nation... that's not a bad spot to be. I don't recall if he told me what his personal score was... but if he was pleased, then he must have shot under par again. He said Course #2, that they played yesterday, was incredibly beautiful. It's one of the most historic courses at Pinehurst, as far as major PGA tournaments go. His favorite, though, was Course #4.

When he called he said, "So, I don't suppose you've been watching the Golf Channel." Uh no... Darn! They were on about 5 times yesterday. For some reason, the videographers/reporters kept spotting, recording and airing the Arrowhead Team! They had several friends call them and say, "Hey! You're famous!!" I DVR'd about 3 1/2 hours yesterday evening... hopefully I'll catch a glimpse. Meanwhile, I've been searching the internet for a clip, to no avail.

He got to spend some time chatting with Chris DiMarco and Zach Johnson. He's always liked them... and still does after getting the opportunity to meet them personally and getting to know them a little bit.

So...that's a wrap!!


------




Well, Kristiina did indeed get to see snow yesterday! However, it wasn't picture worthy. That'll be a few more weeks. So, instead, here's a pretty wild flower she took a couple of months ago.


------

And a few quotable quotes...

The unselfish effort to bring cheer to others will be the beginning of a happier life for ourselves.
~Helen Keller


Do not pray for easy lives. Pray to be stronger. Do not pray for tasks equal to your powers. Pray for powers equal to your tasks.
~Phillips Brooks


I expect to pass through life but once. If, therefore, there can be any kindness I can show, or any good things I can do to any fellow human being, let me do it now and not defer it or neglect it, as I shall not pass this way again.
~William Penn



That's all for now... enjoy your Thursday!

1 comment:

angie {the arthur clan} said...

Congrats to your hubby! His team's placing was very good and they should be proud.

We're freezing up here today...is it at least warm where you are to make up for it? :)

Angie in OH

About Me

My photo
I'm a wife, mom, and grandma living in rural Vermont. “…giving thanks in all circumstances…” 1 Thess 5:16-18